Roles/ Responsibility/ Qualifications:
At APF we are committed to building a long and enduring relationship with our employees and to creating an environment that rewards and empowers. Our mission is to constantly exceed our employees’ expectations in the same way that we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations. We offer an environment that celebrates innovation and helps you to achieve a good balance between your professional and personal life. We strive to be an employer of choice!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other Departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines; Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Possess a high level knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
- Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
- Solid individual performance while also providing direction for others
- Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in area of expertise
- May serve as technical lead in area of expertise
Top skills required
- Experience working with middleware implementations
- Knowledge of EJB and J2EE security
- Unix knowledge is a nice to have
- Previous experience working with transactions
- Programming Languages: Java, PL-SQL
- Databases: Oracle 11g, MySQL not a must but a plus to have.
- GUI and Tools: Oracle Developer Suite, SQL*Plus, Eclipse Java Development Tool
- Version Control: Subversion