SQL Server DBA
Roles/ Responsibility/ Qualifications:
- Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access, and security administration
- Optimizing database access and allocating/re-allocating database resources for optimal configuration, database performance, and system utilization.
- Responsible for the day to day database administrative tasks, such as: proactive monitoring, error checking, performance tuning, replication, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery.
- Strong database administration skills with an emphasis on enterprise scale architecture.
- Investigating, reviewing, applying and testing all patches and bug fixes in the database environment and providing consultation on patch management, custom interface design and operational implementation.
- Managing user security and access to databases to provide controlled access environment.
- Participate in testing of all database-related changes
- Participate in planning, design, implementation, and testing of new and changing database configurations
- Provide DBMS and database knowledge to developers, business analysts, testers, and others as needed
- Develop queries, stored procedures, triggers, and scripts as needed
- Participate in on-going evolution, improvement, and automation of DBA procedures